Organic Vegetable Gardening 101
Saturday, March 26, 2016
Bayard Cutting Arboretum – Upper Carriage House
440 Montauk Highway
Great River, New York
This class is for you if you want to start a vegetable garden, convert to organic or ratchet up your gardening skills so you can grow an abundance of organic food for you and your family.
Holistic Health Coach & Master Gardener, Tina Annibell will teach you:
- The single most critical factor for growing vegetables organically
- How to perform a soil test, interpret the results & improve your soil using organic methods
- Best sources for buying organic vegetable and herb plants
- How to layout plants in the garden
- How to transplant seedlings into your garden
- About organic fertilizers & how and when to use them
- Easiest and best irrigation methods
- How to avoid weeding
Informational handouts and soil test submission forms will be available.